Thursday, November 25, 2010

You spin me right round, baby...


I have decided to make music a bigger part of my life. As with most people, music has always meant quite a lot to me, but I feel that I'd like to be more involved. As for how I plan to go about that, well that remains to be seen, so for now I'm just overworking my CD player.
On that note (pun intended), recently I've been spinning...




Ramblin' (Wo)man by Cat Power.
I only just discovered this song this morning, and I have already played it an indecent amount of times...



Robot Rock by Daft Punk (cool video, too).
Considering that my dad not only works in the music industry, but is also a huge Daft Punk fan, suffice to say I have been listening to this band for a very long time. I don't think I could ever become tired with their music. I was at a bar a few weeks ago, and this song began playing, which re-ignited my love affair all over again.



I Got Mine by the Black Keys.
Such a raw, classic sound. I dare you not to worship this band.



Roadhouse Blues by The Doors (with added John Lee Hooker).
I found it difficult choosing which Doors song to post, but I decided on this because I've really been loving the blues-rock sound recently.



Baptism by Crystal Castles.
A friend of mine bought Crystal Castles tickets last night, and managed to score me one. Is that sweet or what! I imagine that is going to be one sick show.



Heart of Glass by Blondie.
Don't ask me why, but this song reminds me of Christmas. Perhaps it's because of the summery weather. Either way, Blondie make me so happy it's sickening.


So tell me, what has everybody been listening to?


Romany

[photos courtesy of flickr.com]

9 comments:

Dusk said...

Honeybunch! You're back!!... are you??

Good choices, some interesting choices... some fave choices too... 'Roadhouse Blues'! LOVE.

Hmmm... what am I listening to? On my MP3...Spanish language lessons, Taiko drums, arabic music, Guns n Roses all of Welcome to the Jungle, Woman by Wolfmother, Deep Purple classics, and Toxic! Boom Boom Pow (still!), Shakia hips don't lie African version. Eclectic. And all drum based.

Josie said...

Nada Surf's Always Love is on repeat CONSTANTLY right now!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

LyddieGal said...

I love love love love radiohead. Yeah, they are awesome.
And Arcade Fire, their latest album has a few songs that I just can't get over.

I got to see a surprise performance from Daft Punk when I went to see Phoenix in October, so that was pretty cool.

Unknown said...

awesome bands! I'm on a Patrick Wolf kick at the moment. Just can't get enough of his THE BACHELOR. He's a fantastic musician. I love how he can take a melody and create such a richness to it. Some of his stuff is down right folk in a new way.

Plus, he looks like Draco's funny cousin. Honestly, though..I think he might be sexier than Tom Pelton

Unknown said...

my flash thing crashed :/ will come back later to watch!

I love to listen to the ting tings and M.I.A. and johnny cash!

happy sunday xx

Siru said...

I listen to nothing new or exciting. Last thing was Bonnie Tyler and Yann Tiersen.

juliet xxx

Unknown said...

The girl in the first vid is beautiful! and i love the song from daft punk :)

chantelle said...

i adore lykke li, vampire weekend, owl city, regina spektor, imogen heap, lisa mitchell, sky ferreira, the pretty reckless and ladyhawke ♥

thefashionguitar said...

Love Blondie!

xo thefashionguitar