Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Scent of a woman...

It's that time of month again...a fragrance post! I realise I am unhealthily obsessed, but the entire fragrance industry is just far too classy not to devote so much attention to. We all have our "fool proof" perfumes - not feeling so crash-hot? Spritz on your favourite perfume and it can make all the difference in the world. So now let us discuss...

J'Adore by Dior.
I wore this all through winter, it's definitely a favourite of mine for colder weather. It is supposed to be spring at the moment, but the chill just isn't letting up so far. But hey, I don't mind keeping my beautiful bottle of J'Adore out for another few weeks.



Daisy, by Marc Jacobs.
I heard that Marc Jacobs named this fragrance after the character Daisy from F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby. I won't lie, that is a little off-putting. I hated Daisy after finishing the book, and didn't want to believe that such a beautiful perfume could be named after her. But it's easy to block out the negatives, and focus on the positives, in which case the scent itself is perfectly fitting of the setting, if nothing else. Summer on the water. It can't be denied that Daisy is, after all, sunshine in a bottle.


What is your favourite scent(s) this season?

Romany

[photos courtesy of breathy.tumblr.com and harpersbazaar.com]

9 comments:

LyddieGal said...

I actually haven't tried either of these but now I rather want to.
I did fall madly in love with the kate spade twirl sample I got however.

Josie said...

Anything vanilla is so warm and comforting-feeling right now!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

LOVE ME DO. said...

i love daisy by marc jacobs. i'm really loving any chanel perfumes right now, they're just so wonderful.
x

jen said...

mine has got to be romance by ralph lauren for the cooler months. but i've been obsessed over sugar lychee by fresh recently lol.

Berlin said...

I never use perfume but I always take my mom's perfume bottles as decorations once she has finished them :D Ahh, so many lovely things on this earth to collect!

Daisy, that is a nice name : >

Puffy dogs wagging their tails,
Berlin

ANDWHATELSEISTHERE said...

i'm now in love with the newest scent of balenciage with charlotte gainsbourg at the moment. i think it's important for a woman to stay sweet with her own unique scent. haven't tried daisy myself though.

ANDWHATELSEISTHERE

SHOP

Unknown said...

I still love Clinque ..Happiness.. best. But I've been wearing cheap stuff..like harajuku lover's baby. I so love the doll that it came in.

My brother got me Love & Luck..its not too bad by Christian Audigier of course, I've miss placed it in my eclectic room (cough cough)

style-haus said...

love the floral scent of daisy! one of my faves

http://style-haus.blogspot.com/

misslikey said...

love the daisy from Marc Jacobs and the bottle is so lovely